CenterNovember 9, 2023 2023-11-09 18:46
INTERNATIONAL CENTRE OF BUDDHISM AND INTERFAITH STUDIES
ABOUT THE CENTRE
The International Centre of Buddhism and Interfaith Studies has been established in University Campus in collaboration with Parama Dhamma Chethiya Maha Pirivena, Sri Lanka on 09 December 2021 with an aim to initiate cooperative, constructive, and positive interaction among people of different religions and traditions of the world. A Temple of Mahatma Buddha Ji has been built up alongwith meditation hall.
- Meditation is done every Saturday from 03:30 to 04:30 pm where. Dr. Maitipe Wilamasara Maha Thera guides everyone virtually about practicing meditation from Sri Lanka
- The Centre is committed to organize National and International Seminars from time to time
- The Religious tours will be arranged from time to time where interested students will be taken to famous Buddhist Places in the world (In the middle of May Month (i.e. 15 May) on Buddha Purnima).
The International Centre of Buddhism and Interfaith Studies established in University Campus in collaboration with Parama Dhamma Chethiya Maha Pirivena, Sri Lanka on 09 December 2021 has the following objectives:
- To conduct workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Fostering research and development between both the institutions
- Striving to incorporate Buddhist values and principles among learners from both sides
- Offering Buddhist traditions and organisations a unified and shared platform in the spirit of diversity and plurality to benefit mankind.
- Putting the Buddhist principle of the welfare of all sentient beings into practise for the preservation of the environment and nature conversation
- Acting united against all forms of violence; spreading compassion and the idea of interdependent nature to foster true peace in the world.
- Fostering interfaith understanding through dialogue exchange and collaboration.
- Promoting equality of humankind among the students and striving to foster greater social and gender equality in accordance with Buddha’s teachings within the Buddhist world.
- Encouraging ongoing communication between Buddhism and contemporary science; exploring, identifying, conserving, and preserving Buddhist holy sites, relics, heritage, practises, traditions, and Buddhist cultural assets worldwide
Dr. Devinder Kumar Sharma
- Ajaypal Singh
- Renu Sharma