Anti ragging cellNovember 21, 2022 2023-04-01 10:26
Anti ragging cell
Student Support Services
Desh Bhagat University
Anti Ragging Cell at Desh Bhagat University
The university community is aware of the fact that prevention and prohibition of ragging in institutions imparting higher education in the country is a great concern of all authorities including the law enforcing agencies. Regulations have been fram by various apex bodies of higher education in the country in order to root out ragging in all its forms in the Universities and its affiliated colleges across the country. In this context, Desh Bhagat University has a University-wide Anti-Ragging Committee headed by the Registrar. A student or parent can also write to the Committee Head in case of any difficulty.
Any student of Desh Bhagat University found indulging and or abetting any form of ragging shall be meted out with exemplary and rightly harsh punishment including debarring such students from taking admissions in any institutions of higher learning in the country.
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the. Anti-Ragging Committee of the University, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the University level shall be any one or a combination of the following.
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for a period as may be determine by appropriate authority
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution of the University
- Fine of Rupees 25,000/-
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identifie the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
As a preventive measure, all the existing students, freshers and their parents/guardians shall submit an undertaking in the prescribed form in the beginning of the academic session itself, failing which the concerned student will not be allowed to attend classes until he/she and his/her parents/guardians submit the said Undertaking.
All the students of Desh Bhagat University are advise to abide by the instructions scrupulously to ensure a healthy academic atmosphere and make it a ragging free campus.
Strict observance of the instructions and cooperation with the university in its efforts to ensure a. “Ragging Free Desh Bhagat University” is highly solicit.
Contact details are give below:-
Er. Arshdeep Singh
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Email id: email@example.com
Aman Movement –Know More