Best PracticesNovember 24, 2022 2023-05-17 7:45
Best Practices at Desh Bhagat University
Developing Towards Self-Reliant (Atmanirbhar) Campus
Objectives of the Practice: To enhance the sense of self reliance.
COVID-19 introduced a renewed interest in human health and wellness. Today, the safety on campus means an environment that protects students and staff from transmission risk of any disease. Creating in house self-reliant environments that support health and safety of the staff and students is the main concern today across all education places and caused a potential challenge during Covid 19 pandemic. In these circumstances, it was felt that some best practices can help to establish a baseline which can build more advanced healthy campus protocols. The Atmanirbhar Campus initiative of Desh Bhagat University support student and staff health and reduce virus transmission risk now, tops the priority list when defining campus safety.
Understanding the need of self sufficiency during Covid 19 pandemic, Desh Bhagt University initiated essential service drive to bring positive changes in the lives of its staff and students, by observing safety as a priority. It established following units in campus:
- COVID Hospital
- CORONA Vaccination Centre
- Common Medical Centre
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- 24×7 Ambulance Service
- Sanitizing Tunnel
- Sanitizer and Mask Production Unit
- Verka Milk Centre
- Multi General Purpose Store (Super Market)
- Kolhu (Oil Expeller)
- Atta Chakki (Flour Mill)
- Printing Press
- Offset Printing Unit
- Township Cafeteria
- Yoga Centre
Awareness About Struggle Of Freedom Fighters & Building Respect For The Country By Adding Values.
Objectives of the Practice:
- To inculcate patriotism and moral values in the students.
- To create feeling of oneness among the students.
Freedom fighters are personification of bravery and their lives personify lessons of supreme struggle and endurance, which can have an enormous impact on students. They are role models from whom one derives strength. The students face their share of stress during their academic careers and the role model can help them to sustain through. They can learn about dedication, determination, hard work, positivity, perseverance and lot many things from these figures.
Similarly good moral values help students to distinguish between the right and the wrong and builds a positive character.
Desh Bhagat University adopted an ideology of Late S. Lal Singh Ji. (1917–21st June 1989) who was as remarkable activist, thinker and freedom fighter. He was greatly influenced by Netaji’s thoughts. He envisioned an educated and prosperous society. His dream was realized by his worthy son, Dr. Zora Singh, Chancellor Desh Bhagat University. He laid the foundation of Desh Bhagat University with the thoughts and inspiration of Sardar Lal Singh Ji. Although Sardar Lal Singh Ji passed away on June 21, 1989, Desh Bhagat University remains a living testament to his inspiration, ideas, and love for his nation
In 1972, Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi honoured Sardar Lal Singh Ji with the Tamra Patra in recognition of his enduring service on the auspicious anniversary of Independence Day.
As Sardar Lal Singh was inspired by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and the phrase “Jai Hind” was believed to have been made famous by him, we all at DBU greet everyone we meet by saying “Jai Hind” to start our official conversation as it creates the feeling of patriotism and love for the country. This practice has been internalized by DBU staff and students.
For purpose of spreading the message of awareness on sacrifices of lives of freedom fighters during struggle of freedom DBU organizes many activities as follows:
- To promote the patriotism among faculty & staff, National Anthem, DBU Anthem & Shabad of Dasham Guru Gobind Singh Ji plays in all the offices in the morning.
- Various motivational lectures conducted on Struggle of freedom and sacrifice the lives of freedom fighters.
- Awareness programmes on patriotism in villages are organized regularly by various department of university. NCC and NSS wing of the University organized various programmes in nearby villages to celebrate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahaotsav programmes.
- In the past few days Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh organized Various Programmes on the sacrifices of lives of freedom fighters during struggle of freedom at Muktsar Sahib and for these additional efforts made by Desh Bhagat University; Govt of Punjab awarded our worthy President of Desh Bhagat University Dr. Sandeep Singh, President, Desh Bhagat University.
- Organized programmes on Tri Colour hosting programmes and distribution of Flags in campus and nearby surrounding areas.
- Regular cultural and awareness programmes conducted on 15th August and 26th
- Various drives like Cleanliness, tree plantation, health awareness camps and community engagement activities conducted regularly in connection with Azadi Ka Amrit Mahaotsav programmes.
- For best practice activities on Patriotism Desh Bhagat University gets many Awards and recognitions from Govt and Non Govt Agencies.
- University NCC (Air force wing) organized various activities in campus and nearby villages.
- In front of Chancellor secretariat Heritage park fabricated which remembers the memories on the life of freedom fighters
- The main protocol to for introduction and in written communication Jai Hind! Is followed for remembering of sacrifices of freedom fighters.
- Ajay Pal Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of Hindi, writes so many poems on Patriotism and presented the same in University functions in campus and nearby surrounding villages.
- One programme organized by University authority on the Horror of Partition.