Placement & Industry InterfaceJanuary 5, 2023 2023-01-05 14:01
Placement & Industry Interface
The students at School Of Pharmacy get an extensive industry exposure by having frequent industrial visits to research labs and manufacturing units. Focus on imparting practical knowledge has been the key priority.
Aim: To provide comprehensive learning platform to students where they can enhance their employability skills and become job ready along with real corporate exposure.
- To enhance students’ knowledge in one particular technology.
- To Increase self-confidence of students and helps in finding their own proficiency
- To cultivate student’s leadership ability and responsibility to perform or execute the given task.
- To provide learners hands on practice within a real job situation.
As per PCI norms, there is one month industrial/ hospital training (desirable) after B. Pharmacy 6th semester and three month hospital training after 2nd year of Diploma in Pharmacy. Most of the students undergo an industrial training within Punjab and nearby states.
Industrial Inclusions (MOUs)
- Logos Pharma
- Ipzah Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd
- Jeewan Jot Hospital
- Preet Drugs Pharmaceuticals
- Guru Nanak Hospital
- Winmac Laboratories Limited
- Apollo Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Cosmas Research Lab. Limited
Detail of Meritorious Students
|Batch||Program Name||Name of student||Roll No.||Overall percentage/cGPA|
|2016-2020||B. Pharmacy||Prince Bhalla||16390451018||80.70%|
|2018-2020||D. Pharmacy||Dev Prakash Shukla||18410502022||76.7%|
|2017-2021||B. Pharmacy||Avinash Kumar||17390451022||8.39|
Experiential Learning Cell
Department of Pharmacy is committed to developing a confident and professional clinical pharmacist that is prepared for a variety of clinical roles, equipped to be a lifelong learner and driven by innovation and collaboration.
To enrich student’s understanding, knowledge and skills in the area of Pharmaceutical care with the focus on enhancing students learning experience of inpatient and outpatient clinical pharmacy services.
- Students understand more about the instruments and the methodologies involved in hospital.
- Confidence is incorporated and students learnt how theoretical concept is put into action thereby aiding their practical learning.
- Students are exposed to real working environment and shown how things are done in an organisation.
Community Pharmacy offers the opportunity to serve the society by observing and developing professional skills in major areas of contemporary pharmacy practices including:
- Observation and delivery of patient care services, including disease management, patient education and pharmaco-therapeutic consultation;
- Prescription processing, including community, ambulatory and inpatient aspects;
- Development of pharmaceutical care plans for patient specific problems;
- Continued development of skills in drug information/informatics and pharmacy consults;
- Development of student’s verbal presentation abilities within the medical-pharmacy arena;
- Introduction to basic pharmacy administration in the community and hospital environments;
- Provision of consultation with other health care professionals regarding patient care or drug-related issues.
- Community-based health events are a valuable means of training student pharmacists to apply concepts from the classroom to experience in real-world practice scenarios.
- These events inculcate confidence among students by counseling and educating patients, as well as improve their ability to perform the technical aspects of screening.
- Community-based health events also promote health and wellness awareness by providing access to personalized health information and screenings for such disease states as diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.
- For the profession of pharmacy, health events are an avenue to educate the public on the roles that this profession can play in patient care; from performing point-of-care testing and interpreting test results to providing education about the effects of medications and lifestyle factors on one’s health.
Students along with faculty of School of Pharmacy in association with PG School of Ayurveda & Research prepared Herbal Sanitizer during COVID-19 to be used by staff and visitors. The herbal sanitizer is also supplied to various retail outlets of medicines in surrounding towns and villages. It is also donated to various charitable trusts/organizations and Sarpanches of nearby villages to be distributed among villagers.