Applied ScienceJanuary 3, 2023 2023-09-02 9:21
Applied Sciences is a discipline that applies existing scientific knowledge to develop more practical applications, such as technology or inventions. It is often contrasted with basic science which is focused on advancing scientific theories and laws that explain and predict events in the natural world.. Post-Graduation offers a narrow and more specialized perspective in the degree subject by reflecting the latest advancements in scientific knowledge heavily geared for real-world application. It also opens doors to jobs opportunities which require a dedicated skill set. Each student is honed for conscientious researchers and scholarly work in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics
- M.Sc in Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics
What you will learn in Applied Sciences
- Understand scientific principles
- Impactful research
- Identifying challenges
- Devising practical solutions
The term ‘Chemistry’ deals with the science of materials that formulates our physical world. Chemistry as a subject and a field of Research & innovation has been globally recognized as one of the sophisticated and fortifying fields of science.
Mathematics, being a cardinal branch of Applied Sciences, has enjoyed a rich tradition in India since the ancient times. From the routine life of an individual to the economic, industrial and scientific development of a nation,
The term ‘Physics’ is applied to the study of science that deals with the matter, forces, energy and motion through space-time and various relevant concepts. Being a node of all the fields of science and technologies,
Future Scope in the field of Applied Science
- The term Applied Sciences refers to using scientific knowledge for practical applications, such as a new invention based on an existing tool. Studying applied science is beneficial as the discoveries made may improve our daily lives, including health care and technology.
- Applied Sciences are mostly used to solve problems and make systems and technology more efficient.
- Applied Sciences is a type of scientific research that focuses on theoretical aspects of different topics and less on experimentation.
- Applied Sciences such as physics, mathematics and chemistry to design and develop aircraft, spacecraft and missiles.
- It involves the integration of medicine, biology and engineering with the goal to improve health care practices.
- It is a branch of applied mathematics that focuses on the theory and practice of building software systems with computer hardware and designing algorithms to solve problems. It includes understanding how to design and implement solutions to digital problems.
Career opportunities in Applied Science
Applied sciences find applications in diverse domains such as medicine, pharmaceuticals, bio-technology, engineering, material science etc. Often applied sciences draw upon more than one pure science stream.
- The study of applied science provides not only a broad understanding of a variety of scientific principles but also the skill to apply that knowledge to solve problems and provide solutions to a variety of situations.
- The field of applied sciences include microbiology, bio-chemistry, industrial chemistry, food science, fishery science, environmental science, archaeology, polymer science, material science, electronics, energy, forensic science, nanotechnology etc.
- A wide variety of national and international career opportunities for candidates with this educational background in government, public sector and private organizations.
- Candidates can join varied industries as research expert or consultant. There exists huge demand for Applied Science professionals in biotechnology firms, chemicals industry, industrial laboratories, oil industry, food institutes, pharmaceutical companies etc.
Achievements of Students of Applied Science Department
- Ashraf Ali selected for GSSS MOOM BARNALA in 2014.
- Nadeem Ahmad got the job in Govt Sector in Govt Sen. Sec. School TARN TARAN in 2017.
- Komal placed in Intas Pharmaceutical ITD Ahmedabad at 2018.
- Indu Bala got the job in S.D.School Mandi Gobindgarh in 2018.
- Vishal placed in Morepen Pharmaceutical H.P in 2019.