Programme ObjectivesJanuary 3, 2023 2023-01-03 14:40
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates of the program will accommodate insightful information of Agriculture principles necessary for the applications of Agriculture.
- Graduates of the program will acquire knowledge of recent trends in technology and solve problem in industry and farmers.
- Graduates of the program will have practical experience and interpersonal skills to work both in local and international environments.
- Graduates of the program will possess creative professionalism, understand their ethical responsibility and committed towards society.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Real world application: To comprehend, analyze, design and develop innovative products and provide solutions for the real-life problems.
- Multi-disciplinary areas: To work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary areas and make quality projects.
- Research oriented innovative ideas and methods: To adopt modern techniques, advanced Agro meteorological methods, scientific and organic fundamentals required to solve industrial and societal problems.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Agriculture Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of horticulture, Agronomy, organic and sustainable agriculture, and integrating pest management to the solution of Agriculture related issues.
- Analysis of Complex Problems: To understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect futuristic agriculture. Able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.To understand problem solving skills in crop production and animal husbandry.
- Modern Tool Usage: Select and apply advanced techniques, resources and IT tools for prediction weather. Knowledge of Weather codes and Symbols, Reading and Recording of weather and climatic data. To get trained for climatologically records, soil data and soil nutrition.
- The Agriculturist and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Agricultural practice
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional agricultural solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: To demonstrate research based knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions. In accordance with high standards of academic integrity (ethics and moral) both in the profession and in society as a whole. To develop competence to work in Government, public and private sectors.
- Individual and Team Work: To demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems. Abilities to work effectively with each other. To develops analytical ability and team work spirit.
- Communication: To demonstrate and understand the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations. Understanding working of SHG, NGO, Govt Extension service agencies. Communicate effectively with the farmer community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Agriculture and Agri business management principles. Understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, producers and understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise. To understand components of agri business and economics of market.
- Entrepreneurship and Employability: Able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions. To understand the mechanics of agripreneurship. This programme will also help students to enhance their employability for jobs in different sectors.
- Subject Specific Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in horticulture section: The breadth and depth of the profession of horticulture. Basic horticulture biology: taxonomy, anatomy, morphology, and physiology. The characteristics of the environment and their influence on plant growth and development, Current applications of horticultural principles and practices: propagation, pest management, production, maintenance, and business practices. Provide comprehensive knowledge of horticultural production.
- Life-Long Learning: To develop critical and self-critical opinion and approach aiming at solving the most important practical problems in the field of sustainable agriculture by applying gained competencies. The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning in an inclined environment to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.